I finally managed to put together the photo recap of this year since now. I don’t like my blog layout anymore, so I think i will change it to make it a pleasant place for me to share things again:)
But until then, here are some pictures of things I did and liked these past months.
1. Just before New Years, we visited Les Catacombes de Paris after waiting in line in the rain for 2 hours. But it was really cool and something I’ve been meaning to do for a long time.
2. On one of the first days of January, knowing that we will be leaving the Paris region for Lyon in a few days, we went to Disneyland to take advantage for one last time of the special ticket price reserved for the people leaving in the Ile de France region. Disneyland is fun even in the rain. And Christmas decorations and lights were still up.
3. Then we quickly moved to Lyon and started exploring the new city which was kind of depressing those first few grey and cold months . But still beautiful enough. I mean… there are swans living on the Rhon river, who wouldn’t be happy about that?
4. The spring came and with it long walks in the beautiful Tête d’Or Park.
5. … and bike rides out of the city.
6. We found a “pick your own” farm not very far and took full advantage of strawberry season.
7. Went to see the Romanian female handball team trying to qualify for the Olympics. They didn’t :(
8. I saw for the very first time this type of “perpendicular” parking, or “smart” parking like a friend said (that being a Smart car…) It made me chuckle.
9. I’ve spent three weeks in July in my hometown of Timisoara, Romania enjoying the city, my family and friends, but not so much the non stop very hot weather of almost 40° C. The second photo is from one of my favorite places in Romania, Baile Herculane.
10. Back in France, we spent a couple of Saturdays in the Alps, my husband climbing mountain roads on his bike and I was taking pictures and driving on very scary roads. The photos are from Alpe d’Huez and Galibier.
Now I’m looking forward to autumn with all the goodies it brings and I’m keeping busy working on many little houses that will show up in the shop soon.